Wednesday, December 23, 2009

HAX

The last month of Modern Warfare 2 has been rough. I've sunk about 20 hours into the multiplayer on the PC (a low number compared to many people in the game right now) and I think I've run into every hack and exploit in the game. The first MW had its fair share of problems with this (I actually stopped playing the first game on the PC and moved to the 360 because hacks became so common) but the popularity of this game at its launch has accelerated the speed at which the community would have normally found these. The most annoying thing I've run into thus far isn't even a cheat though; it's the akimbo 1887s. They're usually a one shot/one kill and have a crazy range for a shotgun of that power. Every single time someone kills me with those I want to ram a rusty railroad spike through that fucker's asshole.

Now thankfully there is a patch out now for all platforms that fixes these issues. Hopefully I can now safely come back to the game and enjoy getting my ass kicked by people who are just better than me, rather than people who are just cheating.

No comments: